Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Party In The Town 2019 is a free event and no ticket purchase is necessary.
- The Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice and in our sole discretion. We will notify You of amendments to the Terms and Conditions by posting them to this website.
- It is Your responsibility to check that the Event has not been cancelled, rescheduled or made the subject of a Material Alteration. Information on such matters will be made available as soon as reasonably practicable on the Party In The Town website and on social media. Please be advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation, postponement or Material Alterations can sometimes arise at late notice or immediately prior to an Event.
- With an exception of 3 performances, this is an event which takes place at several indoor venues. If it is deemed unsafe for any scheduled events or activities to take place, Party In The Town may reschedule the Event or cancel it in its entirety.
- By attending the Event, You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by Party In The Town CIC without payment or compensation. If You attend an Event with Your child aged under 18 years You give the foregoing Your express consent on their behalf. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers.
- Due to legal artist performance rights and royalty obligations, You cannot bring any video or audio recording equipment or any camera which is over 35mm or with a detachable lens into the Venue. You will not be allowed to enter the Venue if You bring equipment that, at the discretion of Event security, infringes on these rules.
- You may be asked by security staff to look in your bag. This is to ensure everyone’s safety. Please don’t be offended. We ask for your co-operation in this regard.
- Please take care of your personal property at the Venues. We are sorry if your personal property is lost or damaged while at the Venue, but neither Party In The Town CIC nor the Venue can be held responsible. Lost property will be collected during the event and then taken to the local police station.
- Party In The Town CIC reserves the right to remove persons from the Venue for any reason including but not limited to behaviour that is likely to cause damage, annoyance, or harm to others, health and safety reasons, if the Event staff believe that You are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, if You fail to produce proof of identity or age or if You refuse to comply with Party In The Town CIC’s security searches.
- Please note that prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to hearing.
- Some of the venues for Party In The Town operate licensed bars and You need to be over the age of 18 to purchase or bring in alcohol at the Events. Please be aware that if in the reasonable opinion the Event staff believe that you look 25 years or younger You may be asked to provide proof of identification and if You are unable to do so You will not be served alcohol.
- You undertake to comply with any and all instructions given to you by Party In The Town CIC and/or all Venue staff at the Event. In particular, You are required to comply with all safety advice, site signage and ‘no smoking areas’. In accordance with Smoke-Free Regulations, the tented areas and other areas of the Event are designated ‘no smoking’ areas. Normal statutory rules and regulations apply and should be observed at the Event. Failure to do so may result in ejection from the Venue.
- You shall not be permitted to bring into the Venue or display or distribute (whether for free or not) at the Event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials unless permission has been given by Party In The Town CIC.
- Access to each designated venue within Party In The Town is subject to capacity and Party In The Town CIC accepts no liability if You are unable to attend a specific performance due to such venue being at maximum capacity. You may be required to queue so please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- Party In The Town CIC takes the needs of customers who are disabled and who have other access requirements very seriously and actively encourages people of all abilities to attend the Event. Please contact the Venue directly prior to the day with any requirements you may have.
- You agree that Party In The Town CIC, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by Party In The Town CIC or its servants or agents):
(a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by Party In The Town CIC or any of its servants or agents;
(b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by Party In The Town CIC, its servants or agents); and/or
(c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond Party In The Town CIC’s control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism (or the threat thereof), fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lockout, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. Party In The Town CIC will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these terms and conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
- You agree that Party In The Town CIC shall not be liable to You for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or our obligations hereunder including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity, or loss of publicity or loss of reputation, or opportunity to enhance reputation or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the performance (or any failure to perform) these Terms and Conditions.
- Party In The Town CIC will not have any liability to You whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event or any cancellation of the Event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the Event or the cancellation of the Event.
- Party In The Town CIC shall not be liable for the acts or omissions of the operators of the Venues, for any personal injury suffered at a Venue (unless due to the act or omissions of Party In The Town CIC) or any loss, theft or damage to Your property at a Venue (unless due to the act or omissions of Party In The Town CIC).
- To the fullest extent permissible in law, Party In The Town CIC shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
- If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
- If Party In The Town CIC delays or fails to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that Party In The Town CIC has waived its right to do so.
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or Party In The Town CIC under the Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and Party In The Town CIC.
- The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of the Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and Party In The Town CIC relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Prohibited items for the festival site: Glass / Any spirits / Illegal drugs and new psychoactive substances / Anything that could reasonably considered for use as a weapon / Nitrous Oxide and legal highs / Megaphones / Large sound systems / Air horns / Fireworks / Flares / Chinese lanterns / Spray cans / Animals with the exception of guide dogs / Unofficial tabards or hi-vis jackets / Professional camera or video equipment / Any items confiscated.
- Alcohol Policy. Alcohol brought to the festival must comply with the event regulations which are: You are not permitted to bring alcohol into any part of the event.